This week has flown, I don't know if it's because of the Bank Holiday or because it's the end of the month but I can't believe today is Friday. Scratch that, I can't believe Monday is the 1st of September - what's that about? More than half way through the year? 2014 has gone in a flash, and I'm not ready.
1. The return of DIY SOS. I love this show, but if you plan on watching it I highly recommend you make sure there is a pack of tissues close to you. I've found that I'm turning away from soaps and people shouting at each other and now I just love seeing nice people do nice things, no drama, no shouting, just nice people giving up their time for others. (Thursday, 8pm BBC One)
2. Having the biggest tidy up and making our flat look like less of a tip. I hate mess but for the past few days/week the bedroom has been a pit as I've been painting my bookshelf, which meant that EVERYTHING came off and our bedroom isn't that big to begin with. So it's been a matter of stepping around all my precious books and trinkets.
3. Snuggling down with the SO to tune into the Great British Bake off under a blanket. There's only a few more weekends before he goes back to Liverpool and rather than being sad about it I'm trying to treasure every night that we have when it's just the two of us.
4. Lighting candles. The weather has turned colder this week, which has meant putting on layers and hoodies for the first time in months and lighting candles. I don't know if it's just psychological but it makes me feel warmer having candles lit and the lights off.
5. Talking weddings with my friends at work, both of them are getting married and I get to have the excitement by-proxy and act like I'm a proper grown up too, with serious things like caterers and playlists to discuss.
6. Listening to PostModern Jukebox's version of Magic!'s Rude. IN LOVE. Check it out here.
7. Planning our coming adventures with the SO and our future together. I have my heart on visiting Switzerland before he finishes university, which could be almost impossible as it is SO expensive. If anyone has ideas about how to do a budget Switzerland please let me know!
8. Eating Joe's chilli and tiffin. My friend is a pretty awesome baker and gave me the recipe for his chilli. This week the SO made it with Quorn mince and it tasted absolutely delicious. He also is spreading his wings in baking and brought tiffin into the office today - YUM.
9. Having less than 12 hours to go until Sheffield Comic Con, and seeing my sister tonight.
10. Losing a couple of pounds this week (though this will probably be undone over the weekend with my sister but it's a journey not a race and I will make healthy choices where possible).
Three blog posts I've loved: Alpine Lake Monsters by the Londoner, 8 Things I've Learned About Marriage by A Cup of Jo, and We Liked: Being Home by Little Winter.